* An all about me poster (just like the kids make!)
* My laptop up and running a slideshow of the tour of my office
* A packet of family activities for each family
* Copies of printables from All Pro Dad and I Mom.Org
* Information about Bucket Filling, complete with table decorations, balloons, an example of the gbook by Carol McCloud "Have You Filled a Bucket Today?"
* School Counseling Program Brochures
* QR codes in a frame that link up to my website and contact information
* My business cards
* A sign up sheet if parents want an appoinment with the counselor
* How to Help Your Child Succeed handouts
* Career Cafe presenter sign ups and information
* Parent Book Club information and a display copy of the book (Drive, by Daniel Pink)
* My Counseling Calendar Year at a Glance
* Copies of the Parent Needs Assessment (hard copies and link to the google doc)
* Descriptions of the small groups that I offer.
...and flowers, mums, pumpkins, hard candy, and anythig else that pops into my mind.
I use this time to advocate for the school counseling profession, and to connect with parents. I look forward to it every year.
I hope this has given you some ideas of what you could include in your back to school night if you have not had it yet. Have a great week everyone!